At Greater Than One, we proudly call ourselves the “Imagination Agency.” Far from being a simple slogan, it is an organizational creed, a way of life. In every department reside the innately curious—imagineers who believe our many minds are greater than one, and that, through the power of our collective imagination, we illuminate our thinking, trigger emotions, and enliven every single action we make. This allows us to transform paralyzing problems into paradigm-changing world-class solutions.
The ideal Senior Billing Accountant must possess good analytical skills and have a keen sense of attention to detail, as they will be charged with overseeing the billing for numerous clients and projects. The candidate must possess impeccable organizational skills, a detail-oriented focus, strong interpersonal skills, and the flexibility to handle multiple tasks. They must be comfortable directing teams on the appropriate processes for client billing; including enforcing agreed-upon timelines. Additionally, the Senior Billing Accountant will be asked to interpret and provide details of internal and external projects, so outstanding communication skills are required.
Who will succeed at this position? A self-starter who works well under pressure, has strong computer skills (proficiency with Microsoft Excel is a minimum requirement; experience with Advantage accounting software would be a bonus). Strong customer service, a good sense of humor, and ability to handle and resolve conflict are necessary.
The expected work week for this position is normally consistent, but the candidate should realize that at certain times of the year or month, the Senior Billing Accountant may be needed to work beyond their typical schedule. The Senior Billing Accountant will report to the Senior Accountant.
- Work closely with the Account and Project Management departments in the preparation, creation, and management of invoices to clients
- Be responsible for resolving accounting issues as they specifically relate to various client projects
- Provide guidance to Account and Project Managers on how to resolve client billing and budget issues
- Ad Hoc follow-up with clients on unpaid invoices
- 5+ years of experience in client billing in an Advertising, PR, or Media agency
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Accounting
- Must be proficient at Microsoft Excel
- Experience with Advantage accounting software a plus
- Ability to perform day-to-day function with limited supervision
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interact comfortably with account and project management personnel
- Ability to educate non-accounting team members on the client billing process
- Ability to deliver high-quality work on a strict timetable.