At Greater Than One, we proudly call ourselves the “Imagination Agency.” Far from being a simple slogan, it is an organizational creed, a way of life. In every department reside the innately curious—imagineers who believe our many minds are greater than one, and that, through the power of our collective imagination, we illuminate our thinking, trigger emotions, and enliven every single action we make. This allows us to transform paralyzing problems into paradigm-changing world-class solutions.
The Social Media and PR Manager is an intermediate-level position. You will learn to develop and implement US Social Media Strategy, develop public and disease awareness campaigns, and market messages through various social media platforms for pharmaceutical and OTC brands. The Social Media and PR Manager is a highly motivated and intelligent individual with experience in and a passion for content and campaign development and strategy. He or she will be responsible for helping to build strong, engaged communities to help support our business goals and growing our social team. This position reports into the Social Media and PR Group Supervisor but is truly an integrated role that will work closely across the agency with Account, Creative, PM, and Dev teams.
- Serve as community manager by overseeing and coordinating social properties – including channel moderation, brand-to-consumer engagement, and strategic campaign amplification
- Act as direct report for Social Media and PR Coordinator
- Draft and maintain editorial calendars to align with brand guidelines and creative platforms
- Create, curate & publish content (copy, photos, videos, etc.) in established community culture and tone
- Ideate and implement original engagement tactics, including community events, local and national stories
- Monitor and escalate issues, observations, opportunities, and insights
- Stay current with social media trends and tools – includes attending networking and educational events
- Minimum three (3) years of social marketing experience in a marketing or advertising setting. Experience with clients in the pharmaceutical or healthcare industries a plus.
- Self-starter mentality with the ability to work both independently and within a team environment, without identified direction and/or responsibilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Learns quickly and adapts in fast paced environment
- BS degree in Journalism, PR, Communications, or Marketing
- Strong ability to work in an integrated, collaborative environment
- Passion for social media