At Greater Than One, we proudly call ourselves the “Imagination Agency.” Far from being a simple slogan, it is an organizational creed, a way of life. In every department reside the innately curious—imagineers who believe our many minds are greater than one, and that, through the power of our collective imagination, we illuminate our thinking, trigger emotions, and enliven every single action we make. This allows us to transform paralyzing problems into paradigm-changing world-class solutions.
You are a master of the conversation. Knowing how intensely personal health is, you develop powerful storytelling campaigns that create emotionally rewarding, shared human experiences. Before any dialogue has even occurred, you have already imagined the triggering topic, the potential storylines, who brings what to the dialogue, where the conversation will happen, and yes, you have already predicted what will result from the conversation.
But that’s expected of the Social Relations Director.
You have imagined an entirely new vision for social marketing in health and wellness – not as it is with its “likes” and Facebook pages, but rather as it should be. Now you need a home to incubate your vision, and to make it real. Instead of surrounding yourself with naysayers, it’s time to join those who get your vision to collectively imagine a world far greater and healthier than it is today.
You should have a strong interest in digital, storytelling, and research. Be a creative thinker that has a track record of turning your original ideas into successes. Strong writing and communication skills are a must.
As the Social Relations Director you will:
- Bring your wildly imaginative vision of social marketing/PR and its ability to change the healthcare market with a strategic plan detailing the required tools, infrastructure, training, and talent
- Identify the strategic trends of social and PR and applications to health and wellness, then prepare the agency, the clients, and the markets for success
- Persuade, cajole, influence, and ultimately win clients over to explore and deploy never-before-seen social relations campaigns
- Entice, woo, and coax the trade rags, the industry press, the PR mavens, consumers, Advocacy, HCPs and the policy makers into promoting our campaigns
- Constantly be engaged in the social space identifying best practices from other verticals, then break all the conventional rules in healthcare
- Elevate Greater Than One as the imagination agency for social and PR marketing solutions
- Break the internet with the most talked about, the most admired, the most impactful ideas that rule
- Be the indispensable ingredient in winning new business and driving organic growth
- Wield data better than Google in informing and integrating social and PR strategies
- Be the in-demand social relations guru for the industry, and the sherpa for your Greater Than One team
- Demonstrate strong expertise across the social media spectrum and multi-dimensional health and wellness experience targeting a range of audiences (consumer, HCP, industry.)
- A “Hybrid Leader”, bringing experience across corporate AND product communications.
- Drive social strategy development and liaise with account team and cross-functional colleagues in a positive, proactive, consistent manner; holds oneself accountable, supervising junior team members on key projects; able to develop/present client proposals/POVs and drive tactical planning efforts.
- Ideate strategic social partnerships with brand and influencers and brand development for growth opportunities.
- Maintain the highest standards in visuals and creative
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- 8-10 years of relevant experience in a Public Relations/Advertising agency
- Experience working with clients within Health and Wellness
- Deep knowledge of popular social media channels, both at a user and performance level, and knowledge of paid platforms
- Exceptional presentation skills – both verbal and written, formal and informal
- Highly organized, proactive and a critical, creative thinker under pressure
- Passionate about collaborating with other specialists to advance our storytelling capabilities
- Dedicated to developing our team’s next-generation of digital storytellers as we scale and grow the team